my puppy ate a crayon

is she going to be ok.

avatar

blacklab

In Dogs

Reply To: daisy

Like kids, dogs also will occasionally get a hold and eat crayon/s. The first thing to check is label of the crayon. On the wrapper it should say that it is non-toxic, which means it probably is not going to be a problem. FYI, Crayola Brand crayons are non-toxic. If the label does not say that the crayon is non-toxic, then a call to animal poison control may be a good idea. If it is non-toxic type, you are probably in the clear.

However, keep an eye on your pet's bathroom schedule. If things stop coming out, you might have a blockage which would require a visit to your vet. Also, if your dog stops eating or is acting lethargic, than those are also serious symptoms and your dog should be taken to the vet.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Ruff

 

avatar

softball834

In Dogs

Reply To: daisy

I'm not a vet or anything but I think she'll be ok.  I would take her to the vet anyway.

 

1
Mapping: DefaultPageMap
Map Field: TopLeft
Ad Slot: PW1_RON_Top_Left
Size Mappings: Desktop Only
Mapping: DefaultPageMap
Map Field: TopRight
Ad Slot: PW1_RON_Top_Right
Size Mappings: Top_Right
Submit your own photos!
Dog Breeds Selector

Find your perfect match based on activity level, size, intelligence and more!

Mapping: DefaultPageMap
Map Field: BottomRight
Ad Slot: PW1_RON_Btm_Right
Size Mappings: Btm_Right