My 12 year old Red Nose
My 12 year old Red Nose has recently started eating leather belts. She doesn't have a history of chewing and is usually very picky about her food (she will not eat anything thats not cut up for her first) She is spoiled. I know. However, could this be a sign of something serious.
whining while hiking
So I just took my almost 2 year old labradoodle on his first hike. He is very sociable, playful, friendly, etc. I have always been very regular with walks twice a day and playtime at the park, etc. He's a very happy puppy. However, he still pulls when other dogs or other people walk by. So I decided to get him a backpack for our hike because I heard this give them something to focus on while on hikes to help with pulling, etc. It was not heavy, I put a water bottle in each pouch and some treats. He seemed fine walking around with it. But on the hike, he whined consistently. We were with a friend and her dog and it was obvious the backpack was not too heavy because my dog had no problem trying to keep up but whined the entire hike. Although happy (major tailwagging), people stopping to take his picture and petting him, he was obviously very happy. So why was he so whiny?
my 9 month old kitten was found deceased outside. Someone found her and took her to the vets. The vet assumed she had been run over but she didn’t have a mark on her. On the morning she died she was very late to get up and went back to her bed mid morning. This was unheard of. She also used to pant when she used to run and she had put on a lot of weight around her tummy. Could she have died of a heart issue? It was all very sudden, we don’t live on a busy road.
9.5 year old cat passed suddenly
I have been wracking my brain since Wednesday when my wife and I came from work and found our baby, Nova, on the floor. He was indoor cat only and always had tons of energy. He was a loving cat, all of our friends and family adored him. We have been a complete mess to say the least, he was the first baby we saved together 9.5 years ago. We haven't had any answers until I decided to look online to try and put my mind at rest. He he was fine when we left for work that day around 7. We got home around 4:30 and he was laying there sprawled out, similar to the other posts I've read. We called around trying to find somewhere that could do a necropsy, I needed to know what happened. We have another cat and two dogs and our first thought was the dogs did it. The dogs have never gone after either cat but one did have a couple of scratches on her face and there were a few tufts of fur around him. I didn't want to believe the dogs could do this, they all got along quite well. We examined his body and there were no puncture marks or blood, he did have a few marks on his rear area. He also looked to have been licked all over. No one could do a necropsy because of how long he had been gone (4-6 hours before we got home). We were able to get an X-ray that showed no broken bones or air pockets in his lungs. They said the marks on his rear didn't break skin and were either already there (like a scar) or had been after he passed. Nothing made sense. I have been neglecting my dogs the last few days, can't even look at them, thinking they were the cause. I also looked online and found some dogs will paw, nip at, and lick animals to wake them. I have read read so many posts about these sudden deaths, each one so heartbreaking to hear. I wouldn't wish this pain on anyone and my hearts breaks for all of you who shared your stories. I do thank you for sharing because now I have a little comfort knowing cardiomyopathy or other heart condition may have been the cause and that my dogs may have been trying to check on him or revive him. Now knowing is so hard. I wish there was something I could do. I wish I could have been there to hold him.
Feral cat death
Ive lived in a community that has lots of feral cats for 15 years now. Since the last 3 weeks 2 youngsters maybe a year old have died, both in almost the same place of my backyard. I’m 15 years this has never happened. Not a scratch on them. I suspect poison, possibly fly bait. Does anyone know anything or suggest something for me to do. These feral cats were very healthy, they have not even weathered our harsh winter yet.
Mixed Breed Hound Agressive
We adopted a mixed breed hound dog, a female, at 7 weeks old from a kill shelter. She is now 1 year old. She is spayed and micro-chipped and well taken care of. She weights 54 pounds. She loves our mixed breed male dog, almost 3 years old. She even tolerates our cat. She wants to hunt for sure. We have almost 1&1/2 acres fenced in to keep her in. She lives inside but has an electronic doggie door to come and go as she pleases. We have never seen her aggressive except when a ground hog got inside the fence and that baby lasted about 30 seconds. She killed it before I could get to it. Then today, our neighbor was walking his very docile part pit bull female close to our driveway. He came over to say hi and my hound went wild. She wanted to kill that neighbors dog and the dog was being very friendly. It shocked my neighbor and me. I have cried all evening. Now, I am afraid she will hurt my other dog, even though they love each other dearly. I can't trust her. I take her to the vet tomorrow for immunizations and a physical. But I want to talk to the doctor first to see why my hound, Grace, went crazy on that female dog, to kill. My neighbors part pit dog has also been spayed and is 8 years old. Why did my hound dog all of a sudden turn aggressive? What can I do? Thank you!
MY PARTNER OWNS A MALE BLUE AMERICAN PITBULL TERRIER 15MONTHS OLD NO PAPERS AND WOULD LIKE TO STUD HIM WOULD ANYONE HAVE ADVICE ON THE BEST WAY TO ADVERTISE HIM
BLUE AMERICAN PITBULL TERRIER FOR STUDDING 15 MONTHS OLD NO PAPERS IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED COMMENT BELOW
I HAVE AN 18 MONTH OLD MALE IRISH BLUE LONG LEGGED STAFF AND WANTED TO BREAD HIM HES NO PAPERS IS ANYONE INTERESTED
WHEN SHOULD THE BITCH BE READY FROM THE DAY SHE COMES INTO SEASON
In April of 2018 i took in a sweet kitten named ashlyn over the course of a few months i noticed small taces of blood in her stool. Ash was a sweet kitten and always kept indoors. Butb2 days ago i let her outside for 30 min or so only to find her gasping for air laying down on her side. My first instinct was that she was choking she had a small knot in her throat. So i gave her small amounts of water and tried to get it out. After about 20 sec. She completly quit breathing from her nose and within a minute was dead. I am still tramitized i felt sonhelpless not being able to help her. I just want to figure out what happened you see my first though was she was choking but after she passed the knot in her throat dissipeared all together. I feel like someone might have poisoned her but not sure. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Find your perfect match based on activity level, size, intelligence and more!