Yesterday morning I woke up at 8 to my cat lying outside my bedroom door on his side, struggling to breathe and drooling. I listened to his heartbeat, which seemed normal. He was meowing softly, struggling. This continued until 8:15 am. He was only 4 and a half, and an outdoor cat. He was up to date on everything. In the car to the vet, he was meowing loudly and struggling. I pet him, and he looked scared. Finally after petting him for a moment he became quiet. We got to the emergency vet at 8:50. They took him into the back and within 30 seconds they came back and said, "He's going into arrest." I ran back and it was too late. They said there was fluid filling his lungs and abdomen. They were keeping him alive manually. He went into arrest a second time. I didn't have the funds to keep going. They were going to charge me 2000 dollars. I'm taking him this morning to be cremated. I just wish I knew what happened to my baby. My poor poor baby is gone and no one can tell me why!! Please give me some insight. This hurts so much. The vet there said that it could have been a tumor.
Reply To: massydov
Hi there,i am posting from the uk. I really have empathy with you because yesterday my 8 year old was coming indoors from the rain looking forward to his breakfast and I started to dry him off with a towel and suddenly I noticed his back legs went rigid and his toes splayed out and he struggled for breath and went limp. I laid him down and he was coughing as if having an asthma attack. I called out to my partner for help and we tried everything but it was too late, his eyes glazed over and he had stopped breathing.
Hi it's fluffy again, I didn't finish my message to you. We tried to revive him, but this happened within 5 minutes and it was 6.30am at home. He was fine one minute, and gone the next. He leaves behind a twin brother and a stepbrother. im so distraught, I've had him from a kitten and expected to have more years with him. More importantly, I keep worrying that he suffered pain, fear and discomfort. The vet nurse picked him up yesterday and reassured me. To everyone who's cat has died suddenly, bless you.
So sorry for your loss. Its so difficult to see them suffer. Your vet should be able to tell you what it might have been caused from. Outdoor pets pick things up. Sick mice, antifreeze, it could be numerous things. You're doing the right thing by posting this. Im sorry i cant be of help. Just know you gave your cat the best life and love anyone could. So sorry for your loss.
Find your perfect match based on activity level, size, intelligence and more!