Should male dog be removed from bitch after she becomes pregnant
I am a novice, and I am unsure if the stud who is the bitch's best friend and they live together be removed after she has become pregnant, she appears to be tired and I get the impression that she needs some time to herself, also this is her and his first litter.
Please help! Two cats have died of Renal Failure! Need advice...
Hi. I have lost two cats in the past 5 months. I know I am going to
cry the whole time I write this. :( I have owned a cats my whole life,
so this is not something I am new at or a lack of knowledge. I rescued
a cat from the humane society at 10 months old. She lived with us for a
year and 3 months. Georgia was a dilute calico, ragdoll, and maybe
some coon. She was the most amazing cat I have ever owned. I noticed
that she never really peed a lot but didn't think too much about it
because she was on the petite side. But she really peed a fourth of
amount than my other cat did. She peed consistently, just not a huge
amount. I noticed she stopped grooming herself, had lost weight, and
didn't want to eat. She was kinda acting weird for a week, but nothing
to give off that I knew she was sick per say. I took her to the vet and
they ran blood work and she was in renal failure. Her levels were off
the charts on some of the things. She was dying and they said it was
best to put her down. Worst day ever! She died the day before
Thanksgiving. I didn't understand how this could happen. The vet
mentioned something toxic and we went through the typical list and
nothing made sense. I don't have plants, no meds on the floor or for
her to get access to, no antifreeze, etc. She was an indoor only cat as
well. I know that when I look back on pictures now, I can see 3 weeks
prior that her fur didn't look as nice as normal, etc. I didn't notice
anything during the time though as a red flag. Her breath had turned to
smelling bad over a few months, but didn't think too much about that
because pet's breath aren't the best smelling things.
I researched galore on what could have happened. Read about how dry
food diet are hard on kidney, looked up any toxin possible, read how a
water fountain promotes more drinking to hydrate kidneys, etc. I knew I
wanted a ragdoll so I sought out a reparable breeder. I didn't go to
joe smoe, but someone who knew what they were doing, had lots of
history, everything checked out. We got a kitten from her. We did get
the kitten pretty fast after Georgia because my youngest son was having
an extremely hard time with her loss. Samson, the new kitten, arrived.
He stayed in my room for the first two weeks with a little supervised
downstairs time. We finally let him out during the day when we were out
more. He was so little and our house was so big, I was paranoid that
he would pee somewhere on accident or get lost, so I watched him like a
hawk. Plus, he was like a dog. He never left my side, ever! We had
guest come into town, so he was babied all day long and no one let him
out of their site because they wanted to be with him. He ate expensive
food (dry and wet) and had a new water fountain. I did everything to
make sure this cat was not going to have a problem! Within 2 weeks and 5
days of having him, he seemed to not feel good. My vet friend said it
was probably upset tummy from the different wet food. I thought he was
dying because I just did this and was SO paranoid! He threw up a tiny
bit two times. The next morning was the same. I knew something was
wrong in my gut. I took him to the vet ER. They did an x-ray and blood
work. He did have wet gas in his belly, but his bloodwork said KIDNEY
FAILURE! I can not tell you how devastated I felt and shocked. Vet and
I went through the whole toxic thing again. He tells me it doesn't
sound like you have anything. The kitten had been in my room and in the
our living room/kitchen only. He was always with someone too. HOW IS
THIS HAPPENING AGAIN!?!?!?! The vet told me that my identical situation
happened to his wife and him and they are both vets. He said he
thought it was really bad luck. Samson died 3 weeks after we got him.
flipped my house upside down praying to find something so I can just
know why! Nothing! Nothing is here! I have gone through theories
galore about it. Is it the tap water, is it something in my hard wood
floors, is my house poisoned somehow, etc. I have come to a dead end on
every theory. I am so scared to get a cat and have something happen
again. I have been reassured by many that it is not going to happen and
it what was it was. Our breeder is replacing the kitten with a little
older one that will be from a different mother and father eventually. I
don't know what I am looking for as far as an answer, but I just wanted
to know if anyone has ever had something like this happen or ideas of
what it could be. Also, I do have a dog that has lived in our current
house for 2 years. None of my cleaning habits or products have changed
either. I did have a cat for 13 years before. The only difference is
we are in a new house that we rent.
This is an extremely hard and sensitive thing for me
to share and tell a bunch of people. I appreciate anything you can
offer me. Thank you for taking the time to read my story.
Anyone with a micro bully interested in breeding
I have a micro bully,
Are my cats underweight?
I have a 5-year old female Ragdoll who has always been a bit small in frame. I also have a 4-year old male Singapura. They never had food problems until about 4 months ago. My cats could eat about anything and they did well.
does anyone have a def animal? I jst got a miniature pinscher that is 4 months old, fixing to take her to the vet for her shots and checkup, I think shes def, her prievious owner said she was hardheaded, but ive done some test with toys clappinhg hands whistling and name calling, she doesn't respondunless she in front of you, any advise on how to train her, or any advise will be helpful thanks. Sheila
Cat Sounds other than MEOW
Strong cat sound freaks me out..
dog chewy on his self
so i had a dog that just pass away of old age no my other dog been acting very sad and today when i got home from i notice he been chewy on his back tail bone what should i do ? or be concern about this
Litter Box Training
Some advice, techniques, ways.. on how to train my kitty to poop in a litter box..
We have an 18 year old tabby. Lately she started randomly crying out. We call to her, and she settles. We thought she might have lost her vision, but she can track our movements and still likes to play. She has a basket in the corner of our bedroom and she will face the wall and cry out, and is fine when we respond to her. We wonder if she's getting disoriented somehow. Do cats get dementia?
Cat has pica! Help!!!
My little orange tabby has had 4 surgeries in a 6 month period. She has a need to eat soft plastic. First time she ate a nipple from a baby bottle. Second time was a chunk of corn on the cob. Third time was part of a Wii remote cover. Fourth time was part of a silicone oven mitt. She's currently on Prozac for her pica. However we had a scare a few weeks back and she ate, but three up a soft mouse you. And now I'm not sure what she ate, but she's not eating. She's acting how she was when she had intestinal blocks. She can't physically have any more surgeries. She's been on medication for over 3 months. But she seems to still have this problem. Had anyone been through this? I need someone to talk to and get advice from. I'm at such a loss and I don't know what to do. Has anyone been in this situation?
Find your perfect match based on activity level, size, intelligence and more!